PayPal Tracking Code:


Where the sound of blues gospel, jazz, and soul music is made.


Quinn Records TM

This is Lil Aaron Mosby

Born Aaron Mosby April 15th,1930 in Pine Bluff Arkansas, LiL Aaron spent almost 50+ years in the Blues Business and worked both as a Sideman for Sonny Boy Williams, Chuck Berry, Albert King and later operating and managing his own band. As a Band Leader Lil Aaron made a name for himself playing and proforming in some of East St. Louis and St.Louis most popular Blues clubs and venues, Alongside blues music icons like, the late Ike & Tina Turner, Little Milton Campbell to name a few. In the early sixties Lil Aaron had the opportunity to record his first solo record titled, "Goin To East St.Louis," the song was later covered by his former drummer,BooBoo Davis. In the Spring of 2000, my younger brother the late Clarence E. Quinn met me at the McDonalds located in East St.Louis where the members of our Breakfast Club met each morning. My brother handed me a casserre tape and told me that I needed to listen to this person and see what I can do for this musician that he had heard the night before at the VFW Club there in East St. Louis , in knowing that my  brother  has long been an dedicated lover of blues,jazzz and soul music as well as a record collector, so in knowing that I was dealing with person who had an experience-ear for music , I tooked the cassette and said o.k.. I'll have a listen. I knew of Lil Aaron because he was also a regular there at the McDonalds each morning . After listening to the tape given to me by my brother, I was honestly blown away by this original and authentic Blues sound, that I was extremely  familar with hearing coming from the blues clubs  as a young teenager growing up  in East St. Louis, that familar guitar fingering picking and pushing strings that mimic the soulful feelings being voclized and thumping, string pulling lickes from Lil Aaron;s bass guitar and the harmonica testifying to the message coming  from Lil Aaron  ruff, griddy vocals belching out  Southern pronunciation that  communicated the song in the way that the  Blues was  done, back in my teenager days in East St.Louis. where hearing this style of blues sound coming from the clubs was a norm. The next morning I met with Lil Aaron to and his long-time friend Riley "Coatie"Morgan and I learned  a lot  about their deep love and dedication to the music. The very first thing that I picked up on was that, Lil Aaron and Riley was very easy to talk with, and there  were  an aire of comfort to be around. They both was quite kind and very gentle men.  I did not hesitate, they were in the Studio two days later and their passion for rehearsing paid off  in a big way, we saw these guys run through 13 tracks  non-stop as if they was performing on a Live show without a glitch completing the, "Lil Aaron Remember, The Last Employee CD" in under one hour, the recording team could not believe what we had just experienced. It just reaffirms that practice does make perfect. "Lil Aaron Remembers, The Last Employee,QR001101-1 is still today Quinn Records TM's Best-Seller in Blues. Lil Aarons' experience as a musician playing in those local clubs in around the East St. Louis and the St. Louis Metropolitan has earned Lil Aaron National and International acclaim that still stands  solid  even to this day. "Blues Power"!

Q-NEWS WHAT DO BLUES GOT TO DO WITH IT? writer Dwight L. Quinn,  June  12, 2021 

Here's where you can get your copy of Lil Aaron Mosby's CD " Lil Aaron Remembers The Last Employee",
For CD:
For DigitalDownload:
For Radio: email

For Retail: email


Chuck Berry and Johnnie Johnson
 Just Across The Pond!

Quinn Records TM

St. Louis, Missouri home base of Quinn Records TM

He was born Johnnie Clyde Johnson in Fairmont, West Virginia, and began playing piano in 1928. He joined the United States Marine Corps during World War II where he was a member of Bobby Troup's all serviceman jazz orchestra, The Barracudas. After his return, he moved to Detroit, Illinois, and then Chicago, where he sat in with many notable 
artists, including Muddy Waters and Little Walter.

He moved to St. Louis, Missouri in 1952 and immediately put together a jazz and blues group, The Sir John Trio with drummer Ebby Hardy and saxophonist, Alvin Bennett. The three scored a regular gig at the Cosmopolitan Club in East St. Louis. On New Year's Eve 1952, Alvin Bennett had a stroke and could not perform. Johnson, searching for a last-minute replacement, called a young man named Chuck Berry, the only musician Johnson knew who, because of his inexperience would likely not be playing on New Year's Eve. Although then a limited guitarist, Chuck Berry added vocals and showmanship to the group. As Bennett would not be able to play again because of his stroke, Johnson hired Berry as a permanent member of the trio.

They would remain the Sir John's Trio until Berry took one of their tunes, a reworking of Bob Wills' version of "Ida Red" to Chess Records. The Chess brothers liked the tune and soon the trio was in Chicago recording "Maybellene" and "Wee Wee Hours" – a song Johnson had been playing as an instrumental for years for which Berry quickly penned some lyrics. By the time the trio left Chicago, Berry had been signed as a solo act and Johnson and Hardy became part of Berry's band. Said Johnson, "I figured we could get better jobs with Chuck running the band. He had a car and rubber wheels beat rubber heels any day."

Over the next 20 years, the two collaborated in the arrangements of many of Berry's songs including "School Days", "Carol", and "Nadine". The song "Johnny B. Goode" was reportedly a tribute to Johnson, with the title reflecting Johnson's usual behavior when he was drinking. The pianist on the "Johnny B. Goode" session was Lafayette Leake, one of the two main session pianists for Chess (the other being Otis Spann). Leake also played on "Oh Baby Doll", "Rock & Roll Music", "Reelin' and Rockin'", and "Sweet Little Sixteen".

Berry and Johnson played and toured together until 1973. Although never on his payroll after 1973, Johnson played occasionally with Berry until Johnson's death in 2005. Johnson was known to have a serious drinking problem. In Chuck Berry's autobiography, Berry tells of how he declared there would be no drinking in the car, while on the road. Johnson and bandmates complied with the request by putting their heads out the window. Johnson denied the story but said he did drink on the road. Johnson quit drinking entirely 
in 1991, after nearly suffering a stroke on stage with Eric Clapton.

Subscribe to Our Site

Thank you for subscribing to our Site. its greatly appreciated